Three Stages Of Chiropractic Care

Chiropractic care focuses on prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of mechanical disorders of the musculoskeletal system. It is a form of alternative medicine that involves performing adjustments on the spine and joints to correct misalignments that are believed to prevent and cure illness. Chiropractic is a popular intervention in the United States with 20% of people availing chiropractic services at some point in their lives. 

It is believed to be efficient in treating pains specifically back, foot, and neck pains. It can also enhance mobility, build resilience of the muscles, and improve mental health. 

When carried out accurately, it is very effective. Here are 3 stages in which Chiropractic treatment is usually employed-

1] Acute stage

The aim of the acute stage of chiropractic treatment is to reduce inflammation and improve mobility. This stage requires frequent visits and monitoring by professionals since pain and inflammation has to be bought under control primarily; to treat the illness. In the acute stage, ice packs are consistently used to limit spasms, soft tissue therapy, laser therapy, ultrasound and interferential therapy and massage may also be rendered. ‘Active rest’ is recommended to the patient which implies that they need to move regularly but avoid aggravating activities. 

2] Stabilization stage

After the acute stage is over; the treatment swiftly shifts to the next stage which is the Stabilization stage. The objective of this stage is to normalize function and improve strength since pain has significantly subsided. Specific chiropractic manipulation continues well into this stage to optimize the spinal function. Gradually, core muscle exercises are introduced to enhance stability and prevent the recurrence of the injury. 

3] Maintenance stage 

After the stabilization stage, you are 80% done with your treatment. The remaining 20% which are also quite critical involve preventing the repetition of your injury. You might have to visit every 1-3 months to sustain a long-term improvement and continue your exercises. The visit frequency can vary from patient to patient. 

Chiropractic care doesn’t promise you a cure of the problem but ensures your problem is manageable and doesn’t cause hindrance in your everyday life. The Chiropractor greatly determines your experience and recovery; since he advices and plans the module for you. This is why choosing a right chiropractor is crucial if you want to have good results.  Clinics like Sheppard Clinic stay with you throughout the treatment and adhere to all your needs; thereby providing you an amazing experience.