Blow torch dabbing is an increasingly popular method of consuming and enjoying cannabis concentrates. In this blog, we’ll take a look at the chemistry behind this popular technique and how it helps to create a superior product.
When cannabis concentrates are heated with a blow torch, the heat causes a chemical reaction. This reaction is known as “decarboxylation” and it helps to activate the cannabinoids and terpenes in the concentration. This is important as it helps to create a more potent and flavorful product. Decarboxylation is a process that breaks down the molecules of the cannabis concentrate into smaller components. As the heat is applied, the molecules break down and form new compounds, releasing carbon dioxide and releasing the desired compounds that make up the concentrate.
How to Choose the Right Blow Torch for Dabbing: What to Look For
- Temperature Range: Look for a torch with a wide temperature range. You’ll want a torch with a temperature range of at least 2500°F to ensure you get the perfect temperature for dabbing.
- Flame Control: Make sure the torch you choose has good flame control. You’ll need to be able to adjust the size and intensity of the flame in order to get the best results when you blow torch dab.
- Size and Design: Consider the size and design of the torch. You’ll want something that is easy to handle and fits comfortably in your hand.
- Ignition System: Look for a torch with an easy-to-use ignition system. This will make it easier to light your torch quickly and safely.
- Safety Features: Look for a torch with safety features such as an automatic shut-off system that will turn off the torch if it gets too hot.
Creating the Perfect Set Up for Blow Torch Dabbing: Tips and Tricks
Choose the Right Torch: The most important part of any dabbing setup is the torch. When it comes to blow torch dab, you want to make sure you have a torch with enough power to heat up your nail quickly but not so much power that it could scorch the nail. Look for torches that offer adjustable temperature settings so you can get the perfect heat for your concentration.
Invest in a Quality Nail: The nail is the part of the rig that actually makes contact with the concentrate and absorbs the heat. Make sure to invest in a quality nail that is made from a durable material such as quartz or titanium.
Use the Right Tools: Having the right tools is essential for successful blow torch dabbing. You’ll need a dabber for applying the concentrate to the nail, as well as a carb cap to help regulate airflow and create a more even vaporization.
Keep It Clean: One of the most important tips for successful blow torch dabbing is to keep your rig clean. Make sure to clean your nail and dabber after each use to ensure you’re getting the best flavor and vapor quality.
Make Sure to Let the Nail Cool: Before you begin dabbing, make sure to let the nail cool down for a few seconds. This will help ensure you’re not burning off any of the cannabinoids in the concentrate.